Monday, September 29, 2008

Finish of First Build Cycle

This week marked the end of my first of two build periods. I will now take an easy week before jumping into my second build period.

My stats for the week:

Swim: 3:50 - 13,200 yards

Bike: 13:26 - 261.2 miles

Run: 4:52 - 36.6 miles

TOTAL: 22:08

I am really happy with how well my training is going. I have been able to make all of my big training workouts, and have not had any injuries or needed any trips to the physical therapist. This is probably a combination of me being smart with how hard I push, focusing on my forum, and being smart with my recovery (i.e. nutrition, stretching, ice baths, rest, etc.).

This week, I will substantially reduce my volume, which will allow my body to rebuild from the last two weeks. Then I will tear it down again for three weeks. It will be nice to have some social fun this week. The week will be structured, but I will allow for the weekends workouts to be loose, depending on what social activities I decide to do. Also, I will do a lot of stretching and get a massage.

I am exactly 8 weeks from race day, which seems TOO far away, but I am also happy to know I still have time to get even faster and more fit. I am can't wait for the World Championships. One of my best friend's, Chris, is going to be racing, and it has been a blast to follow his whole process.

Until next time, pray that my Trojans learn how to play football, my Dodgers make it to the World Series (I have tickets), and that I don't have too much fun!

No comments: