Monday, September 22, 2008

Everything is going great, except for the market

I have been really pleased with how well my training and recovery has been going, considering how busy I have been with work and other personal stuff. I am now on week 2 of my build. This has been my best running week in the last few months.

My stats for the week:

Swim: 3:50 - 13,200 yards

Bike: 12:20 - 237.5 miles

Run: 4:25 - 32.85 miles

TOTAL: 20:35

My long run was 1:50, and felt great at the end of it. I ended with 20 minutes at 7:45 pace. MY big workout was a 105 mile bike followed by a 4.5 mile run. I will continue to build on this for the next few weeks. I have really started to focus on my nutrition. Supplements have become very important in my training, also. I want to get all of the nailed down way before my race.

This upcoming week, I will try and do as much training as I can, knowing that I will have an easier week, after this one, and I should have a good amount of recovery time this week.

As per my supplement I am taking:

Recover - Amino Power: This is a daily supplement that aids in recovery. It helps in protein synthesis, keeping amino levels up, and reducing fatigue.

Thermolytes: These are basically salt pills. When you are training/racing for long periods of time, you lose more sweat (which contains sodium, potassium, etc.) that you can usually replenish from nutrition. Therefore, taking these will make sure I do not become deficient. An important thing to remember is that you can not take enough of these that it will negatively affect your performance, but you can have negative consequences by becoming deficient in any of these nutrients.

VO2 Max: I take this before and during big training sessions. These help in you being more mentally alert, which can be hard when training/racing for long periods of time. Also, it stifles the onset of the build-up of lactic acid in your muscles, which will hurt your performance.

I can definitely notice a difference in my training, when using these. They can all be purchased from a company called Sports Quest.

No comments: