Monday, September 8, 2008

EASY Week, Now back to it!

This last week was an off week for me. I did very light training, worked a lot, and ate a lot of very good/unhealthy food. It was good to get away from triathlons mentally and physically for a little. This has left me refreshed as I enter my next 3 blocks of training leading up to Ironman Arizona.

This week I only did 9 hours of training, which ended with the LA Triathlon. I went 2:16, which was good enough for 5th place in my age group, so I got the last podium spot. I was really happy with this result, considering I have not been doing any speed work, have had the left calf injury, and don't ride race wheels in a short race. The race was really fun, and I had my little sister and girlfriend out there to support me. They were awesome!!! Overall, a very successful and fun race.

I am really happy going into some big training now because I feel rejuvenated, healthy, and injury free. My next 3 blocks of training will be composed of two - four week build training blocks. These are composed of 3 hard week, followed by a fourth recovery week. The recover weeks will end with big race simulation training sessions. The last 3 weeks of my training will be taper weeks. I am going to be required to be smart with how I spend my time (i.e. less Internet and TV time). Also, some of my Saturday's will be comprised of enjoying a lot of college football.

This weekend is the big USC-OSU game!! Fight on!!

No comments: