Last week, I focused on my rest, recovery, and stretching. I was also very relaxed on my diet because you have to have those weeks occasionally or you will go crazy. I worked hard and was very disciplined, so I deserved all of the good/bad food. After a race, it is always important to stay well hydrated and stretch every day. Also, you are better of doing too little, rather than too much, when going through a recovery week.
Last weeks stats:
2 Off Days
Run: 2 times. 10 miles.
Bike: 3 times. 140 miles.
Swim: 3 times. 8,000 yards.
Total Time: 10 hours
I have put together a weekly template for my training for my Base Months. August and September will be focused on high volume and low intensity. By the end of September, I hope to
have done a few training session that exceed the Ironman Distances.
This week, I hope to put in around 18 total hours of training, and add two hours each subsequent week. I will have no problem increasing my swimming and biking volume. However, I need to be careful of my running volume.
As for my diet, I went to Whole Foods yesterday to load-up on all of my organic produce, lactose free dairy products, and gluten-free products. I am going to try and eat organic as much as possible, which I have heard is important when you are training as much as I do. Dairy free is not too hard for my because they make so many soy alternatives. All of my dairy alternative products are also organic. I believe that humans were not made to consume as much dairy products as we do. As for the gluten-free, this just means I do not consume as much wheat products. Gluten, which is in wheat products, is know to disturb the digestive track, which causes GI issues. In other words, it gives you an upset stomach and sends you to the toilet when training. I substitute wheat products with rice products. This means I will start eating rice cereals, instead of oatmeal, and rice and rice pasta for dinner. There are plenty of alternatives!
Until next time, here are some more videos to keep you all interested.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vuRlLMUg0Qs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bh1yMnrby3w&feature=related
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment