This is my first post on my blog. I decided to do this for a few reasons. One, I have followed a few other triathletes blogs and found them very helpful and interesting. Second, I am currently tapering and have a knee problem, so I have time to do something like this. I hope to update this blog at least once a week, detailing last weeks training, the upcoming training week, race updates, and new information I learned about triathlons that I think would be useful for others. Occasionally, I will write about something that may not be directly involved with triathlons.
I have 10 days until I race Vineman 70.3 in Sonoma, CA. This will be my third 70.3 race in the last 4 months. Hopefully, I will show my continued improvement. In Hawaii, I went a 5:01, but that race is know for rough conditions and there were 20 -30 mph winds. Also, my training load has increased compared to what I was doing before Hawaii.
Unfortunately, I am having an issue with my right knee, so the last few days have had very little training. Hopefully, this will allow my knee to be close to 100% for the race. Also, I don't want to possibly cause worse damage to my knee. Tapering is hard by itself because I am used to training more than training wants you to, but add in the time off because of my knee. You can only imagine how crazy I am going. However, I am sure it is actually good for me to recover right now.
I am really excited for this weekend because 2 of my close friends that I do triathlons will be participating in Ironman Austria. It will be the first Ironman for both of them, and they sure have chosen an exciting one to do!! Here is to Mills and Chuck!!
I will give an update next week as to how my knee and taper is going, how my buddies Mills and Chuck did at Ironman Austria, and give any pre-race details I can share.
In the meantime, here is a great video from last weekend's Ironman Europe Championships. This has to get you pumped!!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hD8pYFBYPRk&feature=related
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you started this post. For some one like me who is motivated by your discipline this is great. You might consider writing about your diet as well. I for sure would be interested in knowing about it.
Nice Matt, very impressive! Good luck next weekend and I might even see you there at one of the wineries ;)
Post a Comment