Today, the Ironman Arizona athlete guide was posted. This led me to experience both excitement and begin to ask myself questions. However, I just remind myself how well my training has been going, and how much fun this day is going to be. I am so close, but so far away.
My stats for the week:
Swim: 3:55- 14,000 yards
Bike: 12:45 - 250 miles
Run: 5:20 - 41.5 miles
TOTAL: 22:00
Great week of training. My big training block was a 6:00 bike ride followed by a 1:00 high tempo transition run. I felt great at the end of this, and it was a really great confidence booster. This next week will be very similar to last week's totals. However, this weekend will be my biggest training block of the year. Saturday and Sunday will help test and set-up my body for the rigors of the race, but not put too much stress on it, which would require a lot of recovery.
On another note, I think it is important in times like these (i.e. weakening economy and political changes) that we recognize what matters most in life. These things that matter most in life tend be something that cannot be bought or sold. However, you must guard these even more than your money or belongings. Always keep what is truly most important, most important. Keep living the good life!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment